HC series idler rolls are produced using proprietary manufacturing and assembly techniques that control the bearing end-play setting to precise engineered specifications. Bearing and seal cavities are filled with grease from the factory to promote long-life operation.
The HC roll features:
- 3/4”, modified geometry tapered roller bearings
- Five-stage seal design contributes to long-life operation without relubrication
- An exterior shield provides an initial barrier to divert contaminants away from the bearing cavity.
- A flinger employs the natural centrifugal forces of a rotating idler roll to redirect potential contaminants away from the bearing cavity.
- A grease-filled, horizontal labyrinth seal impedes progress of contaminants toward the bearing.
- A contact lip seal provides additional sealing protection and keeps lubricant in the bearing cavity.
- A rear seal provides added protection for the grease reservoir.
HD Series Return Rolls
Our HD roll has the same ¾”, modified geometry tapered roller bearing and five-stage seal design as our HC idler roll design. In addition, our engineered shaft is available on all return rolls.